Tuesday, July 20, 2010

TO YOU IT IS BLASPHEMY

TO ME IT IS TELLING IT LIKE IT IS

Since I am devoid of that fear that most people have of being blasphemous and the price for that as prescribed by the religious fanatics is death and eventually burning in hell; I have no deterrent in telling it like it is.

You see, I have repeatedly written blogs expressing my displeasure with religion, religious dogma, religious fanaticism and in particular the Bible. I have said that it is written by men and it does not have the “sacred” or “holy” characteristics these people attach to it. I see it as a compilation of fairy tales, fables and stories all meant to subdue mankind into the kind of sheepish submission religion needs to survive and thrive.

Since I don’t believe in hell, it also helps me see things more clearly. I think that people should act in good faith and do good deeds because it is in their nature to do so, not because they fear retribution. If you have faith and you only do good deeds because you are afraid of going to hell, then I don’t think you are a good person, it is your proclivity to do ill and do harm, only religion is stopping you therefore you do deserve to go to hell…if such a thing existed.

When I use profanity, when I put down some religious beliefs, when I criticize the behavior of religious leaders and how hypocritical they are, preaching morality and getting involved in sordid sexual affairs, when I point out the corruption and the sexual abuses of the church I am speaking the truth and since I don’t do guilt I am free from that “you are going to hell” promise.

One often hears: “Christians are not perfect…just forgiven” I cringe. You see, that is precisely what is wrong with Christianity. We know we are not perfect…and the idea of forgiveness is ludicrous because you can go ahead and screw up or just screw to your heart’s desire knowing that you will be forgiven.

That is why I say that when some of these people who claim to be Christians begin to pass judgment on others and to get together to pass laws that discriminate and make other people’s life miserable; those are the ones that if I am correct in this, should be going to hell and receive that punishment they prescribe…not those of us who let others be themselves and are only responsible for our own actions.

Some of these fucking Evangelicals and Morons Mormons will have burned to a crisp in the bowels of hell long before I have even made my reservations for my trip there. These hypocrites have no idea that they are causing harm and misery, they don’t know the hurtful and hateful results of their misguided interpretations of the Scriptures. Yet, even after you point it out to them they pick and choose, they selectively opt to quote one passage of the Scriptures and ignore all the others.

Do you really think that if you light a candle or if you dress in white, or if you get on your knees or prostrate yourself on the floor to “submit and offer” your alligeance and your devotion that doing that is going to secure you a place in heaven? By the same token do you think that by saying: “I accept Jesus, or Jesus is in my heart” that it is going to make you any safer? Dream on…if you keep fucking people over, if you get together with others to deprive some of their rights and you cause misery and suffering, I don’t care how many candles you light or how much you repeat that you have “Jesus in your life”…you are first in the beeline to hell.

Harlequin novel covers or Mormon religious imagery?

Do you really think that by calling yourselves “bishops” or “reverend”; putting on some silly robes or some religious drag that you are going to impress me? To impress me enough to even think that somehow you are “holier than thou” and a representative of an imaginary god?

The Bible or the Koran can’t be taken literally…you have to put it all into context and you have to not allow others to interpret it for you…nor should you take the lazy road and let others explain it to you and adopt their interpretations. In any case, the Bible is at best an account of the history of people who lived five or six thousand years ago and in most cases has very little significance to our lives today. It is not even an accurate historical document. And because I don’t believe in its “holly” nature, it would be meaningless for me to swear on one. I also don’t ever say: “so help me God” when I am being sworn in…instead I say: “so help me, me” because ultimately I am the one who is responsible for my own actions and I have no expectations of rewards or punishment…when I do something wrong it is going to be in my conscience, not to be unburdened later by some fucking priest.

I know that my way of thinking and my whole outlook on religion just pisses them off. They can’t stand it to think that their fear mongering has no effect on me. They even leave totally frustrated from my door; like the morning that the two Morons Mormons came: “Good morning brother, we come to bring you the good news” To which I replied: “What?, don’t tell me the Inquisition is over”

Another time there was this real good looking youngster at the mall and he comes up to me, very assertively and said: “Do you know Jesus?” My response was, first a burst of laughter, then I said: “Yes, I know Jesus, he is this real hot stud who lives in Hialeah and has a ten inch cock…I have his phone number…do you want it? You might enjoy sucking his cock”. Those two interchanges totally threw their game. They left in a huff, saying they would pray for me…of course what they meant was that they wished I would burn in their imaginary, fabricated hell.