Thursday, September 30, 2010

SOME IMAGES GO TOGETHER


WHEN I HEAR "CHURCH, RELIGION" I THINK OF THE ABOVE IMAGE


WHAT POPS UP IN YOUR MIND


WHEN THEY SAY A WORD


OR A PHRASE LIKE “TEA PARTY”?


Certainly it is not wise to generalize…the odds of you being correct diminish when you do that. But I can’t help it when I play a word association game or even an image that is linked to an idea, a person or some political ideology…Even religion has that same effect on me.

For example: When I see this flag:

I associate it with a pickup truck with riffle racks in the back

Other words or phrases associated in my mind with these images: Redneck, racism, Apalachia, Alabama, Texas, Arizona, shit kicker, trailer trash, incest, illiteracy, ignorance.

Or for example; when I think of racist and xenophobes I get images in my mind of these people:

When I think of the worst Presidents America has had I immediately think:











Dishonest, incompetent, arrogant, inarticulate, (Bush) elitists, demagogue, simplistic (Reagan) Dishonest, unconstitutional (Nixon) and I try to figure out which one was the worst


The word HOMOPHOBIA brings these images to my mind:







Anita Bryant, Carrie Prajean...Dum cunts, 15 minutes of fame

Immigration and illegal aliens make me think of these:










Opportunist fear mongering, xenophobia, racial profiling, “show me your papers”


Intolerance and hate:


















Mathew Shepperd, Harvey Milk, Homophobia, Mormons, Evangelicals, hate crimes, hollier than thou, power hungry opportunists


The Tea Bag Party by far has the most abundant image recall for me, next to religion I see a lot of ignorance and misspelled signs; I think of mentally unstable people, I think of misinformed, ignorant people who defend the rich even when they don’t have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of.















Then I think of NO GOVERNMENT, elimination of Social Security and Medicare which then takes me to a country without government like Somalia



When somebody says Fidel Castro…I think Hugo Chavez









Repression, tyranny, no private property, lack of freedom, demagoguery;

And all the dead from their misguided ideology:



I hear “OIL COMPANIES” and I think:








Then the phrase “Drill, baby drill”

And Sarah Palin’s photo pops up in my mind



I hear Cheney speak and I think:

War and misery, so that people like him can get richer



When I think of religion, I know there are some that are worse than others but the first thing that comes to my mind is: THE INQUISITION, then followed by MOLESTATION OF ALTAR BOYS, and eventually I get to thinking about the Morons MORMONS and their using church funds to outlaw gay marriage in California.











The word THEOCRACY comes to my mind…along with executions of gays, Mormons spending millions from tax exempt funds to promote hate and take away human rights

I think that because I am an artist that I value imagery a lot. I think that illustrating an idea with pictures is always effective. Maybe with this into consideration you may get a better idea how my mind works.